Congratulations! If you’ve made it this far, you might be a little bit curious about a Destination Wedding. You might already know that a Destination Wedding is a unique, exciting and memorable way to celebrate your upcoming marriage with family and friends.
Nearly 24% of engaged couples opt for a destination wedding, a number that has increased significantly since 2011 (Source: Real Weddings Study).
Can you blame them? A Destination Wedding is:
- Relaxed: Beautiful sunsets, crystal blue water, swaying palm trees …need we say more?
- Cost Effective: Compare it to a traditional wedding and see!
- Neutral: When everyone travels, you’re not choosing sides
The most popular reason for choosing a destination wedding is wanting to stand out from the crowd. In the same Real Weddings Study, over 66% of international destination wedding couples opted to do so because they wanted a special, fun or exotic locale.
The second most popular reason for a destination wedding is to create a casual, more intimate and meaningful gathering with close friends and family.
“The idea of having a destination wedding is growing among our brides, and it goes hand in hand with the fact that most people no longer live where they grew up. When family is spread all over the country, a destination wedding is the perfect way to bring everyone together.”— Carley Roney, Co-Founder of XO Group Inc, which publishes The Knot
Like anything in life, a destination wedding can be as simple or as complex as you desire. In addition to a wedding, you’re also planning a group vacation. Those are two giant undertakings, rolled into one fun-filled event. We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
Here are some more Destination Wedding stats from the Real Weddings Study:
- The average destination wedding has 86 guests
- The average destination wedding guest stays for 3-4 days
- The top choices for destination weddings are the Caribbean (39%), Mexico (24%) and Hawaii (20%)
To read more about the pros of a destination wedding, we invite you to visit these links!
- 5 Things a Travel Agent Learned at Her Own Destination Wedding (written by yours truly, published on Huffington Post)
- Three Big Signs a Destination Wedding is Right For You (One of our most popular blog posts at www.alpacayourbags.com